Thursday, February 16, 2006

1:5 Happy Birthday (Sunday, December 11, 2005)

As promised

September 2004

One night in Tel Aviv, a few words from a passing stranger led to the world spinning from under my feet. The humor of this stranger and the grin on his face was totally endearing. My ‘British’ presence in this bustling Israeli nightclub was to be the brunt of his jokes.

This night lead the way to my life as it was taking on a whole new meaning. It defined the beginning of our future together. I had finally met my best friend.

His presence reminds me of the smell of burning lavender oils. On entering a room, aromas of comfort intoxicate the air. There is no escaping its fragrance. Theis sweet smell makes me feel soft inside, I feel calm and complete again.

He urged to see me again, ‘at least one time’ before I return back home to London. I dropped my veil of stubbornness and gave into his sparkling chocolate eyes and soft voice. Something felt so right and butterflies in my stomach flickered to confirm this. It was just so simple, it could not have been anything but right. This was how it was meant to be and there was no going back.

His presence lightens my soul. He makes me laugh like no other. This laughter lightens my world and his soul has given my life the happiness I have always yearned for.

The ‘final’ day before returning home felt like something I wanted to grab hold of and pull back with a rope. Acknowledging the feeling of emptiness to come sickened me inside. He slotted into a place in my heart. The afternoon in the airport would signify the time when my heart would become incomplete until the time of his return to my life, to fill it once more.

His presence is my focus in life. No one so kind, so giving, so sweet, so generous as he. My living angel has taught how to care and to love undividedly. He has helped me grow into a complete woman.

Today

Only two weeks following my departure, he came to London and back in my life. My darling has continued to stay in my life. He completes my heart.

Being away from the one you love is a struggle, it is impossible to breathe freely, to sleep at night with a rested mind and continue each day without a clouded thought. You cannot continue to live until they are back to fill that hole in your heart again. London was not my home anymore without him. When I am in his presence, I feel at home inhaling the scent of sweet lavender again.


Happy Birthday, I love you my baby, Effy.
XXXX

No comments: